Fiancee Visas

Prospective Marriage Visas


Down Under Visa Services Fiancee Visas


This is the Australian visa-of-choice if you are planning on marrying, and are happy to marry your fiance in Australia. If you have met each other in person, have formed a stable and loving relationship, have a genuine intention to marry and stay together and have evidence to prove this, you may apply for this visa. We manage your application preparation and lodge it with the Australian Embassy, then if successful you the fiancé (fiancée) can go to Australia on a Subclass 300 Prospective Marriage Visa (aka “fiancee visa”)

A condition of an Australian fiancée visa is that you (a) must enter Australia before marrying, and (b) must marry within 9 months of the GRANT of the visa.

Once you are married, you (or we) apply to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (with evidence of the marriage) and may be granted a Subclass 820 Temporary Partner Visa.

If you are still together (and can prove this) after 2 years, you may be granted a Subclass 801 Permanent Partner Visa. Please note that you apply for the Subclass 820 and 801 at the same time.

These visas require that you are SPONSORED by your partner/spouse/fiancé, and this means that they must be eligible to sponsor you. They must be able to support you financially, because you are not entitled to make any claims for social security benefits from the Government for at least 2 years. And they must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Eligible New Zealand Citizen.

The visa may be granted to you, and may also include any dependent children that you have. Your dependent children are granted the same visa as yourself, and enjoy the same rights as you do.